Well, howdy there. As I explained in a post, I’m JustJohn. I kind of have this allergic (nearly PTSD) aversion to labels of any kind. Explained that in other post also. I’ll answer to some version of who I really am, but nothing more. So, who am I? I am Dad, Padre, Pops, Buddy, Soldier, Sir (reluctantly), Captain, Friend. You may also address me as your personal Master Of The Obvious, if you wish.I suppose, in a nutshell, that is my calling. To observe and point my crooked finger at The Obvious, which is also the perfect place to hide anything – right under your nose. So, let’s start with the quantitative inventory of who I am:
- Edit: TAKEN. The Sordid Story
- Children are part of the package: 1 son, 3 daughters, and 1 soninlaw (married to a daughter).
- Imposingly tall and built like a brick shit-house: 5’8″, 140 lbs of solid & scarey intimidating muscle.
- Older than a child and not quite retired yet.
- Reside in the heart of Texas, smack dab in the middle of the buckle of the Texas Bible Belt Buckle.
- Somehow, I eek out a living that is slightly better than payday-to-payday, but not by much.
“Qualitatively,” says I… I have a few hotbuttons that are rooted very deeply into the core of who I am. All of these have a foundation of love, honor, cherish all people regardless of origin or life situations. I am embarrassingly extreme in my love of God, and have absolute trust in his (sorry, this is the English language) nature as just another word for Love. Or, Existence. Or, Life. We simply don’t have a word, an animal utterance to express what he is. The best attempt was his introduction as “I am that I am” to that Abraham guy several thousand years ago.
- All people are equal children of God. Period.
- Religion is poison.
- Dogma is division.
- Government is not church.
I’ve lived by this rule for all of my adult life: “Have as much fun as possible, while not interfering with anyone else doing the same. Death is non-negotiable and unpleasant by all reports. Make life WORTH the death.”
You should see consistency in all I have said, and all I say, with this idea and the above statements. Even when I’m snarky or being an asshole. 🙂
Live, love and see yourself as your Creator made and loves you.